The International Sports Sciences Association believes that the health and fitness of our society can be significantly improved by our students’ success as health, sports and fitness professionals. Our efforts to stem the tide of poor health and physical decline are multiplied exponentially as our graduates and members disseminate the institution’s principles and methods to their clients, peers and associates. Our mission is to inspire each and every student to positively impact the quality of life of each individual with whom they come in contact.
As a distance education institution and industry leader, the International Sports Sciences Association is unconditionally committed to providing the highest quality distance education programs available, advancing our industry as a whole, and developing greater access to career opportunities for those who share our vision of Creating a Stronger, Healthier World.
Meeting fitness and health care staffing needs
Excellence and innovation in education
Commitment to a healthy and productive lifestyle
High integrity and ethical standards
To serve fitness professionals by developing programs that are beneficial and of interest to the fitness industry
To enhance professional development of fitness professionals by facilitating opportunities for learning and individual growth
To establish standards and guidelines for the delivery of quality and professional fitness services and business practices, as well as the development of ethics standards for fitness professionals
To collaborate with public and private industries on the development of programs and services to increase the awareness of fitness education and its benefits to individuals and communities
To network with other industry organizations to advance fitness education, careers and professional practices by initiating and disseminating research findings.
To graduate students who are prepared for the fitness industry
To enroll a wide range of qualified students from across the globe interested in personal growth, job acquisition, career advancement or higher education goals in the health and fitness industry.
To recruit and retain effective and qualified staff and faculty committed to distance education.
To provide students skills, support systems and information they need to succeed in the fitness industry and higher education aspirations.
To tie student assessments to our strategic planning
To provide relevant and up to date curriculum deliverable through online means.
To investigate, research and implement relevant technology as beneficial to the delivery of online education.
To turn our vision into a reality and to accomplish our mission, the International Sports Sciences Association strives for the following outcomes:
1. To administer policies and programs with the priority being the best interests of public health and well being.
2. To produce students that are inspirational leaders, academically sound, and professional in their fitness and health related profession.
3. To nurture students' abilities to be lifelong learners
4. To promote the use of professional behaviors in the work environment
5. To enable the skills necessary to exercise autonomous judgment in professional endeavors as employees or business owners.
LEARNING AND TEACHING
6. To support faculty scholarship, teaching excellence, and service to the International Sports Sciences Association, community and professional activities
7. To support faculty leadership in the development of contemporary curricula
8. To promote student learning by utilizing best instructional practices
9. To focus on helping one student at a time.
10. To focus on student success in daily studies, preparation and testing (competence)
11. To promote an organizational culture that respects open communication, job ownership, and teamwork between all divisions; Public, Education and Professional.
12. To encourage sharing the impact that a healthy active and productive lifestyle creates on all people and society at large.
13. To expect ethical behavior and integrity in all staff actions.
14. To support professional advocacy in working with external constituencies
15. To focus on regular quality improvements to enhance institutional effectiveness
GROWTH AND INNOVATION
16. To search out and embrace change and innovation in processes that enhances educational outcomes
17. To responsibly grow the International Sports Sciences Association based on society's need for our programs and the availability of resources and personnel to support the improved health and well being of our society as a whole.
18. To provide visionary educational models that address student learning needs
19. To manage all school operations ethically, economically, safely and efficiently